16.2.12

Mommy Birthday Party Project : Sofia's Invitations

It took me awhile to finally decide on what design I want her invitations to be. My idea is to keep it simple, dainty and consistent with her "shabby chic afternoon tea party". I found a perfect peg which challenged my domestic creativity...particularly sewing skills from way back High School HE (Home Economics) days. 

My invitation peg. The handmade ribbon made out of 3 fabrics caught my eye. I just had to try it out myself. 


I bought these fabrics from Divisoria (fabric market where you can buy everything wholesale). The fact that the designs are completely different yet put together they seem to blend emphasizes the "shabby-chic' theme.


Pink and Green Ribbons to add as accent. 

Voila! Addie and I experimented on how to do it and finally came up with this! Can't wait to put them on the actual invites which are already being printed by Wink (Written In Ink) Printing Company. 


I'll post the actual invites once I get them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment