30.3.10

The Name : HENRI ('awn-ree')

Our First Family Picture :)

Even before we got pregnant, we already had a name in mind. That is, we had a name for a girl. So after my 5th month sonogram, when we found out it was a boy, we were clueless! We had no idea whatsoever of what name to give our baby. We went through baby name books, baby name websites, name it...we looked through it. I told Joel that I want one name to be Alessandro. I'm not really sure why but I've always loved that name because it sounds so regal and classic. Top of my list were also Santiago (but my siblings didn't like this because the nickname would be Iago - like the character in Aladdin! Although I still liked it), Henri (because of the soccer player and a chef in FCI who wasn't even my chef! I just loved his name!) and Jacobo. Joel, on the other hand, had Marc and Cristiano on his mind. We were actually sold on the last one (Cristiano) but then his first cousin Liza gave birth 3 months before us and named their son Christian. It was just too close to his new nephew's name so we had to scramble to find that second name. Finally on the night I gave birth, we decided right there (in the middle of my oh-so-painful contractions) to name him Henri...pronounced "Awn-ree".




Baby Henri meets Chef Henri
**When I graduated from Culinary School last February, my baby Henri (6 months in this pic) finally got a chance to meet FCI's (French Culinary Institute) Chef Henri :) So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment