7.8.10

Planning Henri's 1st Birthday Party!

Tomorrow's the big day :) Mama and Dada are super excited at the same time very worried about the weather. According to the forecast, there's a big chance of rain fall tomorrow afternoon but hopefully that will just be for a little while. Lola Josie went and offered prayers to Sta. Clara for good weather (let's keep our fingers crossed!).

It's the night before the party and I just wanted to share how hectic it is to prepare for a party by yourself (without a party/events planner!). Since I'm very OC I really want to get my hands dirty on this special event...plus it saves a lot of money too! *wink*

This checklist can serve as a guide to all those mothers who decide to be their children's party planner.
Hopefully everything will turn out great tomorrow...rain or shine that is :)

HENRI'S FIRST BIRTHDAY BASH
Theme: Barnyard/Farm Animals
Venue : Valle Verde 4 Residence
Time : 2 pm onwards , merienda time


1. Caterer : Kiddie Food by Kusina ni Kambal (isn't the name so unique?). I found this contact through Lola Josie. Hopefully the kiddos will enjoy their merienda and the simple menu I picked.

2. Food Carts : Taho, Sorbetero, Authentic Fishballs from UP, Cotton Candy, Jimini Pizza (care of Lola Josie! Thanks in advance!)

3. Photobooth : Fotolove (this is Ninang Addie's gift to you) Tita Marina recommended them because the owners are her cousins!

4. Decors : Went all the way to Divisoria to buy materials for this. Again I don't want to spoil how it will look for the guests but I will post pictures of it after the party.

5. Tarpaulin : I had this printed at Metrowalk. It's fast and easy. They can help with the design and lay-out and print it in 30 minutes. Contact No. 638-4363 and email : metrotarp@hotmail.com.

6. Balloons : from Party Perks (San Juan Branch)

7. Cake - As of now, you will have 2 cakes because there was a complete mix-up. Tita Sunshine will do one cake and Layers and Layers will do another one. Long story why this happened. I have no energy left to tell it! What's important is that you will have something to blow!

8. Program and Games - I hired a party host to facilitate the games and the whole program. We already finalized the games to be played by the kids and adults!

9. Give-aways - We want to give away something useful that the children can put in their rooms or study desks. I wanted something related to writing and school (how nerdy!)

Animal Pen Holder with Clip so you can attach pictures/cards/etc. with funky pencil, eraser and crayons


Instead of Loot Bags, I decided to put the items in paper bags (environment friendly and very laid-back- cause you're suppose to be in a farm!) with thank-MOO notes!

10. Tents - Just to make sure we can use the garden, I rented 3 tents from Triplex Tents for tomorrow's event though I'm still hopeful the sun will be out!


We're all so excited for tomorrow! Woohoo! Love love birthday parties :)

No comments:

Post a Comment