16.2.11

Then and Now : From New York Ladies to BFB Mommas

My kabarkada (close friend) Geline sent an email to the three of us (Tanya, Jammy and I) yesterday containing pictures we had together about 4 years ago. It was that time we were all together in the Big Apple. Geline and I were on vacation (that was my 2 month long vacay!) while Tanya and Jams were both based there that time. It got me all nostalgic and sentimental because I remembered how that time was like. I was single, carefree, adventurous and just about ready to do anything (that was the time I got my tattoo in Greenwich Village! For those who don't know it...yes, I have a tattoo of my Mom's name "Corito" on my right foot - It was the same year she passed away). It was crazy and fun... most of all, it was the trip that literally changed my life! It was then that I met Joel, who is now my husband, again. We were acquaintances back in High School but  never really got to know each other. It was definitely a huge turning point in my life. 

And now... the four of us are EXPECTING! :) Who would have thought we would all be sharing this journey through motherhood together?!? Jammy and Geline are due end of this month/early next month. I am 7 months already and Tanya is 4 months. 


June/July 2007

Geline, Jammy, Moi and Tanya 

Walking the streets of Little Italy 

 Shake Shack :)


Inside Tanya's Apartment




 Fun Times in NY



Fastforward to NOW.... 2011

 Geline at 8 mos, Tans at 4 mos and Me at 7 mos... missing Jammy who is still in NY now at 8 mos

 Tanya insisting that she has a bump already...



From then NY Ladies to Soon-to-be Mommies...missing Jammy :( Come home na kasi!


I'm so happy and fortunate to be sharing this journey (well technically for me, it's the 2nd time around already!) with some of my closest girlfriends! Love you mommas! This blog is to celebrate how we've grown and matured over the years! Cheers! Mwah!




The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh

No comments:

Post a Comment