21.4.10

Introducing Filipino Cuisine

For the last three months, I have been using this book called "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel to guide me in creating a variety of purees and dishes for Henri. This week, I decided to start introducing two classic Filipino viands to my little one : Tinolang Manok and Nilaga. Both are very simple and basic Filipino dishes that I grew up eating. Tinola is chicken ginger stew with vegetables, in this case, I used sayote/chayote. Nilaga is the most basic Filipino beef stew. It's made by sauteing some garlic and onions and putting beef chunks (I used smaller cubes to let it cook faster) and letting it boil until tender. Since I don't want Henri to get used to salt yet, I refrained from using patis (fish sauce) and salt itself for both recipes. But bland as it may sound, both stews were a hit!

 I can't wait to make him try Sinigang which is my favorite comfort food!

Slighty pureed Beef Nilaga and Rice

Hungry boy


First taste of Beef



The titas feeding Henri Tinola and Chayote (Henri's baon when we went to Tita Coco's apartment)

No comments:

Post a Comment