16.4.10

Mommy Tip : Natural Teething Remedies

After my discovery the other day that Henri's tooth is just about to come out, I want to be sure I make it comfortable and easy for him to go through this painful stage. Here are the things I've been doing to soothe his gum pain the natural way. I don't believe in giving medication and those over the counter ointments. Feel free to try these things with your baby too!
COLD TEETHERS - Henri actually has a collection already! This Baby Einstein Key Set is one of his favorites. The key word here is "cold". We put it in a bag and freeze it and when he begins crying, we offer this to him.



MESH FEEDER WITH ICE: I've also tried this and it worked. I put small ice cubes into the mesh feeder. The only problem is that he gets all wet as it melts so I have to change his outfit after.



FROZEN BANANAS - I just put the bananas inside the freezer (peel and all in a ziploc). When I'm ready to give it to him, I just take out one and run it through lukewarm water until I can peel it. 




COLD CARROT STICKS- I sometimes give him carrot sticks straight from the fridge. This really calms him down plus it's very healthy snack which is cheap and readily available. Just make sure he is under your supervision when he snacks on this to make sure he won't choke.


I hope these things help the mothers who have babies going through the same stage :)



No comments:

Post a Comment